Day 25
Thursday June 9
 |
| Rodin Museum |
Well since today started last night, or last night began today, I'm a bit loopy. After our abbreviated nap, we had to wake up and write our anti-biographies for class. An anti-biography excludes all the boring facts like "she graduated from the University of Southern California with a B.A. in English Literature and a minor in Business Law" for more interesting details like "she was 5'3" in second grade (taller than the teacher) and has narcolepsy." Putting all my fun-facts on one page makes me seem just a little weird...oh well. Off to class in Monmartre for a bit, then together we all took the train to the Rodin Museum to meet Jeffery Greene, poet/professor at the American University in Paris. He gave a beautiful lecture/workshop in the gardens of the museum, then we were free to explore (fo free. woo.)
 |
| The Thinker |
 |
| The Kiss |
 |
| Inside the Rodin Museum, one of my favorite galleries |
After that, Diana and I met Kelsey at home, then we went back to Monmartre to a reputable little fondue restaurant. While it was delish, the idiotic Americans that crowded the place were unsettling. Being in Paris surrounded by bratty med students from Indiana that love to cackle and one-up each other about how many shots they can take before they pass out (which, let me tell you, is unimpressive) makes me want to become an ex-pat...or at least say I'm from Britain.
Then, I met a friend for wine and foie gras and got into discussion number 173 about politics. The french know more about American politics, or at least world affairs, than I do. For shame. But since my tv has been stuck on CNN, I knew a little something about french politics, so we had a pretty good discussion going. The wine didn't hurt either.
I was still super fried from the night before, so it was an early night for me.
Voila, Day 25
No comments:
Post a Comment